Tuesday, October 31, 2006

A night with Bartok and Earnest

This is a little late, so you'll have to forgive me. Again, I've been procrastinating. Deal with it.
Friday evening was one filled with laughter. First, Chryssie and I carved out our first pumpkin.
The pumpkin we carved was the smallest one we have. We carved a bat into it and named him Bartok. That's the bat from Anastasia, in case anyone out there is unfortunate enough to not know what I'm talking about. I love carving pumpkins. You get to just reach in there and pull out all its guts, preserving the seeds so you can bake them and eat them later. Mmm. Anyway, the bat turned out really well.
After we finished that project, Chrys and I went to Trinity to see The Importance of Being Earnest with her friends Vanessa and Sandy. I had never even heard of this thing before, but Vanessa had an extra ticket and invited me to come. I'm so glad I did. It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in my life. It's an awesome play. Afterwards Vanessa told me she had the movie, so I borrowed it from her and will watch it sometime this week.
Then Saturday or Sunday (can't remember which), we carved out our last two pumpkins. I carved a witch holding a Jack-o-lantern, and she did a werewolf. However, my pumpkin was huge and the saws we were using didn't quite cut all the way through the skin. I ended up having to go inside the pumpkin, find the lines, and cut from the inside to get the chunks out. It wasn't very much fun. But in the end it looked good. I can't wait to do more next year.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kaeli! i heard twu did a great job of 'the importance of being earnest' - glad you were able to go!

Anonymous said...

tell people if they want to see pictures of our jackolanterns they can check out my blog

k.a.m.u.r.i. said...

Oh, I was just going to ask to see pictures...