Friday, October 20, 2006

A lament to Jack

I have devastating news to report. Today I discovered that the beautiful pumpkin, for which I had searched so ardently, is deceased. It has rotted, and caved in. It caused my basement to smell horrid, and I had to get my dad to carry it outside for me. It was big. Now it's mush. I'm so sad. How does that happen? Chrystal's pumpkin is perfect, yet we bought them at the same time. I can't believe it. Poor Jack shall now never see the dark of night. I was gonna carve him out and everything. I suppose I'll have to go look for a new one tomorrow. I miss Jack dearly, but his memory will forever hold a special place in my heart.
Goodbye, Jack. May you rest in peace.

5 comments:

k.a.m.u.r.i. said...

Poor Jack. And you never told me about him! And now I'll never see him...I suppose he's buried in a garbage can somewhere.

Anonymous said...

haha - my pumpkin is perfect...guess you should have picked that one eh?

Aurum said...

*sniff sniff* that's so sad. Let's all remove our hats and have a moment of silence for poor little Jack.

Anonymous said...

i'm not wearing a hat, but its the thought that counts hey?

Yvonne said...

wow kaels - you really don't have the best luck with food - whipped cream into butter, pumpkins that decay . . .:) Love you babe!