Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Needles and a hay stack

Actually, there were quite a few hay stacks. Yesterday was Western Day at school. Most people dressed up as cowboys/girls. Then during lunch time there was a hay ride! I absolutely LOVE hay rides! They're so much fun. This one was cool because it was driven by one of the twelfth graders. He went really fast over speed bumps and whipped us around corners. One person even fell off! It was so much fun! He took us from the front doors of the high school, down and around Downes Rd., then up past the elementary and middle schools back to the high school. My friends and I only found out about this near the end of lunch, so it almost made us late for class. But we were on time. It totally would've been worth it if we had been late.
Today I had another interesting experience, though it wasn't quite as fun as the hay ride (honestly, what could beat a good hay ride?). Although this one takes a bit of explaining. I have a fungal infection underneath the nail of my big toe, so I have to start taking some pills. I have to take them every day for three to four months. However, these pills can cause damage to the liver, so everyone who takes them has to have their blood taken before they begin, then once a month during use. Just to make sure it's not harming me. My doctor says in ten years he has never had a patient who had a problem with it. It's just a precaution.
So, today was my very first blood test. I'll admit I was freaking out before hand, because I was sure it was going to hurt really badly. But it just pricked when it first went in, then I didn't feel anything anymore. I looked for a second or two, and I saw my blood filling a vial slowly. It was cool. Next time I'm gonna try to look for longer. It would be interesting to see. Sorry if anyone is really squeamish and didn't like reading that so much. So, that's my story for that past few days.
Oh!
Today was the last day of school this week for MEI, because there are parent/teacher interviews Thursday and Friday. I'm so happy. There was one more thing I wanted to mention....Oh yeah! I got a new library card today. I tried to put a hold on a book online today with my old one, but it said there was a problem with my account and to see a librarian. Chrys was going to the library anyway, so I went with her and the librarian gave me a new card. It's an adult one, so I don't have my mom's signature on the back anymore. It's great! I am very excited about this.
Ok. I think that's really it now. Talk to you all later!

1 comment:

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hey K - my library card still has my mom's name on it... guess it is time to change it.