Sunday, November 26, 2006

Fun in the snow

Everybody knows. It's snowing outside. No need to repeat the same thing to the entire country when we already know what's going on. I will, however, take the time to tell you about the adventures I have had in the snow so far.

Last night, after it had snowed heavily for quite a while, Chrys and I bundled up and took off running outside. It was so much fun. Diego was attacking us the whole time, of course, so we each took turns holding him back while we made snow angels. It was a lot of fun. We just ran around in the snow, froze down to our toes, then came back inside and made hot chocolate and popcorn, the sat down for a movie. It was the perfect night.

This morning Jared and Lisa stopped by. Jared woke me up just after 9:00 by jumping on me, then told me we were going sledding. I got up and dressed, then noticed that they were standing in the kitchen and were too afraid to get Chryssie up. I don't blame them. She's scary first thing in the morning. But I woke her, and after telling her our plans she got up and joined us.

We then headed over to South Poplar and took our crazy carpets down the hill several times. Yvonne and Eric joined us after a while and although they didn't sled, it was fun to have them there.

After we had frozen ourselves once again, we went to IHOP for "breakfast". It was almost noon at that point, but none of us had eaten before heading out. The line up was long, but it was worth the wait. I got to have really yummy french toast with scrambled eggs and hot chocolate.

Eric had a burger. Typical.

Jared and Lisa headed home after that, but Fonz and Eric stuck around for a bit. While Eric was doing stuff at the shop, Yvonne, Chrystal and I watched tapes of old Christmases. It was fun. Of course, we had to watch Jared's barbie clip. If you don't know what that is, you're missing out. Jared got a Ken barbie for Chrismas when he was....five? Anyway, he was very excited about it. Chrys put it in his wedding slideshow. It was a big hit.

After that was done and everybody had left, Chrys and I got all ready again and went to go try make snowmen. Unfortunately, it's not very good packing snow. Oh well. Somehow we will find a way to make a snowman.

In the meantime, we stayed out there and played with the puppies (actually, neither of them are really puppies anymore, at 7 months and 10? years old) until we froze again. I was wearing my sunglasses to keep the snow from flying into my eyes, but they kept fogging up. Whenever I threw a snowball for Jewel, I just threw in her general direction, without knowing how hard to throw it or where it went after I did. It was a blast.

Now, again, I am sipping (okay, gulping) hot chocolate as I thaw out. I absolutely love the snow. Usually we just have the really cold weather, but without the snow. As long as we have the snow, it's worth the rough temperature. Then you actually have something to look forward to after taking the time to make sure we're warm. It's so much fun. I love it!!

I hope everyone else out there enjoys it as much as I do, and I really hope it'll be around for Christmas. Have fun out there!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun. Good luck with your next snowman (I made a snowwoman once) I hope he turns out well.
You do realise that snow means below 0 weather right?
Oh on the bright side I don't think their will be snow tomorrow (I mean come on, you mention snow to people who can drive down here and they panick).
Is Lindsay back from the Provincials yet?

Kaeli said...

No snow?! I'm really hoping you meant no school.

Anonymous said...

Jewel's 11

gabe said...

i looooooooove snow. it is wonderful. I am glad you had fun. :D x's 9,999,999,999

Anonymous said...

Yah, oops, I ment no school.

Kaeli said...

I was close for Jewel's age. I can't really remember 11 years back. Actually, that's not true. I remember when we got Sierra, then Jewel. Oops.

k.a.m.u.r.i. said...

I envy you. *chuckles*

Anonymous said...

sounds like some fun in the snow kaeli!!! i saw jared on his way back to your place for some sledding- we were tempted to skip church and join, but couldn't:( enjoy your days off school!
teresa:)