Saturday, July 29, 2006

Puppy!

I am so excited. Two days ago my sister and I bought a new puppy! He's a rottweiler/golden retriever cross, but he just looks like a rottweiler. His name is Diego. At first we were concerned that our other dog, Jewel, wouldn't like him. When we got Cocoa a few years ago, she kept attacking him and we had to keep them separated until she got used to having him around. But with Diego she is protective. She won't let him out of her sight when he's out of the barn. We think that may be because she has had her own puppies and reacts to them differently now. But it's really cute. He always wants to play, and nips at her chin then runs away. Then he does it again. It's so much fun to watch. And he's such a sweetheart. Today I was just sitting/laying with him for an hour, and he always snuggles into me as far as he can go. He's adorable. I love him. It will be fun to see him grow older into a humongous (not sure how to spell that) dog. He's only twelve weeks old and he's already huge. I love him so much. He's my new best friend.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss Diego! How is he??

Chrys said...

He's doing great Kaitlyn. I'm sure he misses you and Karisa though!

Anonymous said...

I love puppies. I'm gonna miss having no doggies around. It is really fun to have them around. Deigo is a cool name to.
Gabe