Sunday, July 16, 2006

Good Times

First off, I need to apologize to everyone. I was the world's biggest idiot when I left for Saskatchewan, and I forgot to pack my camera. Therefore, I have no pictures for you. However, there are a few pics on the blogs of two of my sisters, Tasha and Chrys. I have links to their sites.
Other than that, all I can do is describe a few of the things we did while visiting those lovely prairies. I believe the one thing that every one of us did while there was be eaten alive by mosquitoes. When I came home, I had four bites in one area of my leg, three in one area of my back, two more on different areas of my back, plus many more in various places on my body. The entire week I was lathering myself in after bite stuff. Sprays, lotions, liquids, anything that said it would help ease itching. Thankfully, they helped. I am now just about cured. I still have bites, however, and continue to scratch occasionally. But it's not a constant itch. I am healing.
Beside enduring those rather persistent pests, The entire week I spent in Warman was a blast. I baked brownies with my cousins, swam in their back yard, went for bike rides, went for ice cream, and so many more things. I absolutely love spending time with my Loewen cousins. They are always so much fun, and we never run out of things to do. We can make fun out of just about anything. My cousins Kaitlyn and Karisa(sisters) and I watched one movie three times in one weekend. It was a really cheesy movie, but it was so much fun to watch it over and over just to laugh endlessly.
We also had a blast at Darren's wedding. There was a live polka band there, and it was really fun to copy the dance steps from the (ahem) more elderly in attendance. I was shocked at the number of people that knew the different dances. There was the three step, seven step, butterfly, and many others. It was amazing to watch, and fun to join in. Some people were real party poopers, however, and refused to dance because they thought the music was stupid. The way I see it, if you think it's going to be dumb, it's not going to be any fun. On the other hand, if you look at it with an optimistic heart, you can create fun times out of just about anything. For this theory I have to thank my dear cousin Rosanna Toews, who is always just a bundle of sunshine. She was constantly pulling cousins out to the dance floor and forcing them to dance. And when you're dancing with Rosanna, it's difficult to not have a good time.
So these were just a few of the adventures I had while visiting Saskatchewan for that particular wedding, and I'm sure I'll have plenty more to share with my brother's wedding approaching quickly. It's this Saturday! We're all bursting with excitement and tension as last minute details are falling into place. Even through all that, I know I'll have plenty more good times to report. Until then, have wonderful days.

1 comment:

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hello dear Kaeli! I love reading your blog! Thanks for all the fun posts! Loewen cousins ROCK!!!! See you on the weekend for sure!