Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Home Alone

For the past few days, I have found myself home alone. The reason for this is that my two sisters, Tasha and Chrys, who still live at home have gone on a road trip to West Edmonton Mall. They are stopping there for a few days with my oldest sister Yvonne, and her husband, Eric, on the way to Saskatchewan for our cousin's wedding. Since both of them are gone, and both my parents work during the day, I am completely alone. I must admit that I enjoy this solitude. I get to blast Disney music in the kitchen without anyone complaining, I get to have the computer completely to myself instead of fighting over it with my sisters, and I can just hang out with myself, no interruptions. I know that sounds really dumb, but I enjoy having time to myself, just thinking about stuff and being me. I'm sure everyone can admit to pretending sometimes when around other people. Sometimes you just want to be alone. I have been alone, and I have enjoyed it. It's fun to be able to play the piano downstairs, knowing I suck, but not having anyone there to comment on it. Not that they do, anyway. But there's no way my family can enjoy it. I have four songs memorized, and I just play them over, and over, and over. Whenever I try to learn new stuff, it sounds terrible, and I'm scared to annoy other people.
Although I do enjoy being alone every so often, I miss my siblings. They make life more interesting, more fun. I can't wait until I see them in Saskatchewan on Thursday. But until then, yay to alone time with me.

No comments: