Wednesday, August 09, 2006

This evening my mom went to the hospital because she had been in severe pain all day. After several hours and updates from my dad, we finally learned that she had an obstructive bowel. I think that's what it's called. It means that part of her small intestine is twisted, which caused her pain. Apparently it can untwist itself, but if it doesn't, then she'll need to have surgery. We're praying that it won't come to that, but we don't know what's going to happen right now. She's staying at the hospital overnight so they can keep her hydrated because she can't eat or drink anything. She's on morphene for the pain, and apparently she's quite out of it. I'm not sure whether that would be interesting or disturbing to see. I don't know if we us kids are going to visit her in the hospital tomorrow, but I would like to see her.
Any prayers sent her way would be greatly appreciated.

2 comments:

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hey Kaeli - sorry to hear about your mom. I will be praying for her today.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaels - asking God to assure you of His care for your mom and each of you as you are concerned for her. Asking too that HE direct the hospital staff to make the right decision, to be attentive, kind and loving when they care for her and for your mom, yes, that the problem correct itself without surgery and that she can rest while she 'accepts' this interruption and the bedrest in the hospital. Will check in after work tomorrow - but feel free to give me a call if you need anything before then ok (604-807-3106)... Love you lots - A.Ellie