Sunday, August 06, 2006

Fiesta in the Sky

Last night I went to see the Vancouver Festival of Lights. I went with all of my siblings but Tasha, and a few of Yvonne's friends. Mexico performed for 25 minutes, and after that there was a six minute finale. Mexico won the competition against China, Italy, and the Czech Republic. It was really cool, but there were parts of Mexico's performance that were boring. They just did the same thing over and over again for a few minutes, and it was all yellow. There wasn't enough variety. But there were parts that were really cool. A few of the fireworks that were set off were circles with stars in the middle. It was cool. It makes me wonder how these fireworks are made. What gives them height or shape or colour? However they do it, it was fascinating to watch. There was music playing along to the fireworks, and that made it even more spectacular. It was a fun night, as these events usually are. It was really good to actually be able to watch them this year, though. Last year at the finale my Jared proposed to Lisa halfway through, so we didn't see much of the fireworks after that. I can't wait to see next year's performances.

1 comment:

Chrys said...

I agree - good times had by all!