Friday, August 25, 2006

She's Home!!!

It's finally happened. My mom is finally home. After over two weeks in the hospital, my mom arrived home yesterday between 10:30 and 11:00 a.m. She looked relieved to be home. Yet at the same time, she is incredibly tired. She hasn't been allowed to eat anything the entire time she was in the hospital, so her nourishment was lacking greatly. She's taking it very slow, and rests a lot. I think she said she's planning to go back to work on Thursday, but I could be wrong. She definitely needs to work up her endurance again. In the mean time, we are glad to have her home again.
Actually, she was home on Wednesday night already. She got my dad to take her out of the hospital for a few hours so she could get home. She was completely unattached to any machine, and just had the central line sticking out of her neck. The nurses didn't know if she was wandering the hospital, walking outside, or at home, so my mom escaped for the evening. I think she enjoyed that immensely. Aunt Ellie and Uncle Gary went to visit her in the hospital, but she wasn't there. They came to our house after calling us, and soon after Yvonne and Eric joined us as well. It was a party.
For now we are glad to have her home, for good, hopefully. But I guess you never know what could happen, right? She has to go back for a checkup on Wednesday, I think, so hopefully things will still be clearing up by then.

No comments: