Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tasha

I suppose congratulations are in order for this particular sister of mine. She has been accepted by YWAM in Perth, Australia. She has her flight booked and everything. She's flying out there with her friend Dania, whose family is out there for schooling and missionary work, I think. Tash will be gone for six months, leaving in October. That is really crappy, because she will be missing a lot. The birth of our first neice/nephew, Christmas, and five birthdays. However, I think it's good that she is going now, because she really wants to, and if she were to keep putting it off, there would be even more things that she would miss.
I'm happy for her, even though I know I'll miss her more than even I can imagine. When Chrystal went to Spain for one month a couple years ago, I missed her a lot. I can't imagine what six months separation will feel like. On the other hand, I know she will have a lot of fun down there, seeing those penguins, koalas, and kangaroos. Also, when she comes back the day after my birthday, it will feel like she never left. Maybe not right away, but after she's told us everything that we haven't heard already, and she's all moved back home and settled in, it will feel that way.
But no matter how much I know I'm going to miss her and want her back, I really hope she'll have a great time, because this could be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. At least I hope it is.

2 comments:

Chrys said...

I still can't believe it's happening. It's going to be so wierd not to have her around. But I'll finally get the bathroom to myself! Kidding Tash...I'm going to miss you tons.

Anonymous said...

give my congratulations to Tash.
Gabe