Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Bad Beginning

As many may know, today was the first day back to school. I am entering grade 10 this year. when I received my schedule, they had forgotten to put Math 11 in it. I am taking Math 11 because last summer I took grade 9 math so I could get ahead a year. I tried to book an appointment with a counsellor to get it changed, but when I called they were completely booked. I was told to wait after orientation today to see one, but that line-up was so long that not everyone could get in. Now, I have to get to school early tomorrow morning to see if I can be one of the first ones in line. Unfortunately, the councellors won't start seeing people until 8:30, which is when first class starts. I guess it doesn't really matter, because my entire schedule might get changed around in order to fit math in there. I just prefer to know exactly which classes I'm taking and when before school starts. Oh well. That's life, I suppose. Things aren't always going to go my way, and I need to learn to deal with those times when they come. And God's plan is perfect, so how dare I feel sorry for myself. I'll just sit outside the student services offices and read my book until 8:30. I like reading. Maybe this isn't all bad.

1 comment:

Nathan & Rosanna Toews said...

Hi Kaeli - sorry to hear about your first day frusterations. I like knowing ahead of time too... hope it all works out this morning. Grade 10, THAT IS AWESOME!