Thursday, December 07, 2006

Haha, Oops......

Okay, so it turns out we went to the Old Spaghetti Factory in Langley instead. It's not my fault, though! I didn't know they had put one there, and no one told me otherwise. I figured it out, though, when we arrived and it was a completely different place. I know, I'm so observant. I should become a detective. Anyway.....

Dinner was good. We talked and ate and all that good stuff. The highlight of the entire evening, however, was the hunormous (it's a word, don't mock me) dome shaped stained glass thing that our table happened to be situated under. Normally this wouldn't cause much commotion, we all commented on it's size and beauty and then attempted to ignore it. Unfortunately, this dome was so large it covered three tables. Along with this it carried the voices of three people at another table to the spot where I was sitting.

I'm not kidding. I could hear the older lady (who had a really annoying voice, by the way) and who I'm assuming is her husband, Bruce. It was Bruce's birthday, too. Every time either of them spoke I could hear every word. It was like they were talking right behind my shoulder, but as though they were talking into a microphone. At first it was just plain weird, because no one else could hear them. You can imagine how I looked sitting their complaining about the voices in my head that no one else could hear. I got laughed at a lot, although, as usual, I ended up laughing with everyone. Then, after a while, Yvonne could hear them too. It was hilarious. Whenever they said something Yvonne and I would repeat what they said to Lisa and Chrystal (the others were on the other end of the table and weren't really paying attention to us) and they got so confused. Then they realized why we said those things and we all burst out laughing.

Lisa and Chrystal couldn't hear them, but for about a minute I switched places with Chrys and she finally realized what we were talking about. Bruce laughed a lot, which made Yvonne and me laugh. Then, near the end of dinner he laughed really loud and long, and Chrys and Lisa could even hear him through the dome. We all burst out laughing for the zillionth time that evening and we couldn't stop. We had just eaten, and laughing on a full stomach hurts a lot more than usual. Avoid it if possible.

Mom, Dad, Eric, and Jared all looked at us like we were crazy (which, I'll admit, we usually are) and then Eric started mock-laughing with us, which got us all started up again. It was a very interesting evening. It was disappointing to have Bruce and his family leave. They were a source of great entertainment for my sisters and me. We mocked them a lot. At first we were afraid that maybe they could hear us, too, but we tried talking directly to them and got no reply. It was fun.

When we got home Mom opened up her presents. Eric, Yvonne, Chrys, Tash and I got her a light up snowman that raises his hat. It's an outdoor decoration thing. Very cute. Jared and Lisa got her a picture frame that says "grandkids". It's very pretty. After the opening/assembling of presents, we had cake. That didn't last very long as it was getting late and everyone was tired.

It was a very fun day. I love our family dinners. They're always so much fun. My family is awesome. There is usually much laughter involved when we get together and although lots of it is directed at me, I enjoy it.

Jeepers. Every time I go to write a new post I know what I'm going to talk about, and I never think it's going to take very long to say it. Yet every time I look over my updates they're always so long! I guess I'm just making up for my lack of vigilant posting. Of course, it might also be a habit from English class. When I have to write an essay on something and I don't have enough to write about so I expand on a lot of things...... Well, whatever it is, it's just making this thing even longer. I shall allow you to stop reading now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had fun. That sounds hillarious though, you could hear everyword? Wow, if they found out then I'm sure they would have been imbarressed.
BUT YOU MIXED UP SPAGHETTI (funny spelt word)

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had fun. :D

Anonymous said...

Kaeli you are an amazing writer!!! I love reading your posts and love the creative and well thought sentences you use. Keep at it! Have a good one!

k.a.m.u.r.i. said...

Ha ha...Kiwi, you are hilarious and a great joy to watch/listen to.