Saturday, January 06, 2007

What a party

Yesterday Steph and I went to Lindsay's house to hang out, along with a lot of Jacqui's (Lindsay's sister) friends. Unfortunately Hailey and Gabe couldn't come, but it was still a blast. We made rice krispie shapes with Christmas krispies and Christmas shapes. It was fun. Lindsay is scary to cook with. Never attempt it. Not that most people who read this blog would, but I thought you'd appreciate the warning nonetheless.

After we finished those, we sewed! I have never hand-sewn before, so it was quite interesting. Again, we made Christmas stuff. I know it's a little late, but I prefer to think of it as eleven months early. What each of us made were Christmas tree decorations. They were snowmen looking up at falling snowflakes, and it's stuffed. I don't know how to explain it. They look really pretty. Well, actually mine looks like crap next to Lindsay's and Steph's but I'm proud of myself. One of the beads have fallen off already. I wonder if that's my fault?

While we were working on those and the younger girls (by one year, but whatever) finished their ball ornaments, we all sat and watched Pirates of the Carribean. Great movie.

When that was finished, it was our turn to make the ball ornaments while the other girls did the sewing craft. We just took clear ball ornaments, took out the top part that hangs it, and put two or three different colours of paint in them. Once in there we turned the balls in all different directions and once the entire inside was covered we turned them upside-down in an egg carton so all the paint that wasn't on the sides would run out. The result was really pretty. I think we each made four. They apparently take quite a while to dry, so mine are sitting on the kitchen windowsill drying out. They're pretty.

So, it was a very fun day for us. We were there for most of the day, from 10a.m. until 5 p.m. Very fun.

Oh yeah, I have super exciting news!! For me, anyway. Karisa is coming soon!!! Yay!!!! I think she arrives on the 24th, but I'm not sure how long she's staying. I'm not sure if Katie is coming too. I've only heard about Ris. But I'm so excited! I haven't seen her for so long! Well, since October, but it feels like forever. I'm so happy! Hooray for me. But I will not go shopping with her. She cannot make me. I won't I won't I won't.

And if anyone hasn't figured it out yet, there are pictures of Kyra on Yvonne's And Chrystal's blogs. Very cute.

Bye people!

4 comments:

Aurum said...

That sounds like so much fun. Now I wish I was their even more then I already did. Glad you had fun though. And why should we not attempt to cook with Linds?

Aurum.

Ignis said...

You forgot to mention Stephie falling off the exercise ball and us laughing hysterically for five or so minutes.

Aurum said...

She fell off the exercise ball? Mind, it's not that hard to do, but she did? *laughing* How did that happen?

Anonymous said...

she was sitting on it, and then kaeli was going to poke her with a needle (just joking) and then sheph lost balance, and fell off!! lol!!!