Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Oops

Wow, I honestly didn't realize how much time had gone by since my last post. Let's see. What's happened?

Just after my last update I had my exam week, which actually only contained two exams. I think I did pretty good. I'm disappointed with my math mark, but the results haven't come back from my science exam yet, so we'll see. I am very pleased with my Spanish mark, which was a final grade of 99%. Apparently I wrote a perfect essay on the final exam. That was a pleasant surprise.

In the new semester I now have English, German, Sewing and P.E. It's a pretty good semester, I think. English has always been a class that I enjoy, and the work isn't too incredibly difficult. German is pretty much impossible to fail, unless you try really, really hard. Again, not really a difficult subject. Sewing is fun, but it took me a while to get the hang of it again. The last time I took sewing was in grade 8, so I had forgotten everything I'd learned. I couldn't even thread the machine. But it's all good now, and I'm currently sewing my sweater for my first assignment. Today was pretty much a wasted class, though, since I finished off the first step and then completely screwed up the second one. I was supposed to sew the hood pieces together, but I did it backwards. I spent the rest of class taking out the stitches. Not so fun. P.E. has actually been enjoyable for me this year and last. I had always hated it, but now I'm finally beginning to enjoy it. I'm even taking it again next year, even though it's not a required course anymore. Although that's partially because I have to complete 80 hours of physical activity for my graduation portfolio, and this will take care of that.

My sixteenth birthday is in nineteen days! That's crazy. I can't believe how fast it's coming. I really need to start studying for my learner's test. And, even more exciting than my birthday....Tasha's coming home in twenty days!!! I'm so excited! I can't wait. I want to see her again and hug her and never let her leave again, although I think she's already talking about another trip somewhere. She's anxious to be home, though. She has been doing so much in these past months. I'm so proud of her. She's my hero. Or one of them, at least. I think I have quite a few.

Course selection for next year is due this Friday. After talking to my mom and one of my friends for quite some time, I have finally filled it out. It is ready to be handed in. I think the biggest issue I had to make a decision on was whether or not to take Math 12. For a while I didn't want to, but I think it'll be good. My mom really really wants me to take it, so I guess I will. I'm terrified that I'll do really bad, but I'll have to see what happens next year.

Wow, is that all that's going on now? Hm. Well, I'll talk to you later, then. Sorry about the long gap. I haven't had anything interesting to say before. Ta-ta for now!

6 comments:

Chrys said...

It's about time chicadoodle! Thanks for the update - I've been waiting. What courses did you pick? I can't believe I missed course selection time - I love it! I get to use my great power and influence to make my little siblings take the courses I choose for them! :):) Love you babe, see you soon

Chrys said...

Hmmm...what do you know? It's been another month with no update! Is this turning into a monthly blog? I'm sur eyou can find something to blog about!

Chrys said...

Me again! It's been over 2 months now...come on, blog something!

Yvonne said...

Kaeli! I miss your blogs! See you Tuesday.

Chrys said...

Ho hum..another boring day looking at the same old post.

Yvonne said...

Did you forget you have a blog? Love you!